Thursday, January 14, 2010

My Top 10 Favorite Teddy Pendergrass Jams

My Top 10 Favorite Teddy Pendergrass Jams
M.D. Wright
1.14.10

***EDITOR'S NOTE: Soul Legend Teddy Pendergrass passed away on January 13, 2010 after battling the effects of recovery from colon cancer surgery which he underwent in the summer of 2009. He was 59. To commemorate his life (as a super fan), I'm doing a quick hits list of my favorite songs of his. It is by no means exhaustive, because I have about 30 TP songs that I absolutely jam to on Friday and/or Saturday nights if I'm home relaxing.

RIP Teddy P. (1950-2010)

1. Can't We Try.... See More
2. Close The Door.
3. Love TKO.
4. Come Go With Me.
5. Hold Me.
6. The Whole Town's Laughing At Me.
7. Turn Off The Lights (ha).
8. Joy.
9. When Somebody Loves You Back.
10. Is It Still Good To Ya.

I was privileged enough to be born when I was (1979) as he was at the apex of his career, and his music was still great throughout the 80s as I was growing up. It is still good to listen to frequently, as I mentioned that I do, and it helps that some of my favorite artists (RZA, for Ghostface Killah, Puff Daddy for Total, etc.) sample his work.

DISCUSS>>>

No comments:

Text

MDW